Bail Bonds Windham, CT

If you’re coping with a criminal or civil case where a court proceeding is required, bail bonds in Windham, CT will undoubtedly be beneficial. Basically, no one would like to be in jail while waiting for the court proceeding since theoretically speaking, you’re innocent unless proven guilty.

This is certainly the explanation why the court often enables the accused to post bail and roam free while the case is still going on. There are also some instances where bail will not be permitted and it may be because of a decision by the court or the nature of the case itself.

We can always check some of the info required about bail bonds and how to get the best bail bond services.

How Do You Actually Get A Bail And How Does It Work?

Bail is a procedure where the accused is permitted to be released while the trial is on-going and they’ll have to pay a set fee of money that could be determined by the court. When the bail is paid, they’ll be quickly released from police custody, but they need to guarantee that they’re going to attend the court proceedings.

Bail is regarded as as a pre-trial restriction to make sure that the defendant will adhere to the judicial process. If you appear in the trial, the bail amount can be returned to you so you won’t really lose anything.

It will not matter if you’ll be sentenced as guilty or not guilty because as long as you attend the court proceedings, the bail can be returned to you.

The Job Of Bail Bonds

A bail bond is a kind of surety bond that’s provided by a surety bond company through a bail agent that might secure the release of the accused from jail. We all know that not everyone can be able to afford a bail and the court only accepts a full payment so bail bonds are essential.

There are 2 types of bail bonds – civil bail bond and criminal bail bond. Civil bail bond can be used for civil cases to ensure that the defendant will pay the debt, plus interest and charges.

For a criminal bail bond, it’s used for criminal cases and it’s going to guarantee that the accused will appear for trial when the court calls up them.

How Do Bail Bonds Work?

The bail is set by the judge for the defendant so if he or she wants to be free while the case is on-going, he or she needs to pay the amount in full. This is a huge amount of cash so many individuals are thinking of bail bonds to cover the total amount. The accused can ask for help from bail bondsmen since they are the people who will secure the bail amount for you in a type of collateral and they’ll ask for some assets from the defendant that they could use.

If you’ll not offer any collateral, the bail bondsman will ask your friends and relatives to help you with this.

The defendant needs to pay 10% of the bail amount to the bondsman together with the collateral. The money will then be returned to the accused, but it’s typically based about how he will respond with the proceedings. If a defendant actually appears in court through the trial, the bail bond will then be dissolved once the case is concluded and the collateral could be returned. The 10% fee will be the profit of the bondsman for the services that they offered. If the accused won’t appear in court, the bail bond will then be forfeited and the court will require the remaining 90% of the bail to be paid. The collateral offered by the accused will then be used to pay the bail amount.

Capitol Bail Bonds will be your most suitable option if you want your or your loved ones to be released from detention immediately. We’re a bail bonds company in Connecticut which will provide timely, inexpensive and trustworthy bail bond services.

So long as you’re living in Connecticut, we can provide the bail bond services that you’ll require. You can visit our bail bond workplaces if you need some help or if you want information on the services that we are offering.

We can manage different bail bonds like motor vehicle, criminal, DUI cases and much more. We’re your best preference with regards to bail bond services.

If you do not have money to post bail, you could ask for assistance from bail bonds because they can cover the cost. The bail bondsmen can be the one negotiating on your behalf and they can deal with your release as soon as feasible.

coat of arms

Capitol Bail Bonds – Windham


322 Main St, Windham, CT 06226, USA

open 24 hours
call now


A phone call is the quickest way to get the bail process started. We will be able to ask you a few pertinent questions to better understand your situation and move forward.

call now
capitol bail bonds logo


Skip to content