Bail Bonds New London, CT

Bail bonds in New London, CT will be very important if you’re presently managing a criminal case where you’re instructed to attend a court proceeding. Nobody really would like to be detained while they wait for their court proceeding. The court will allow the defendant to roam free while the proceeding is still on-going as long as they can post bail. Even though there are cases where bail isn’t allowed depending on the crime of the defendant, the court can be the one to choose if posting bail is feasible or not. We can check how these bail works and the explanation why bail bond services are important if you’d like to get out of jail while the case is taking place.

How Does Bail Work?

Bail is the process where the accused will be instructed to pay an amount of cash set by the court so they can get out of jail while the trial is still happening. Once it’s paid, they will be released from police custody, but they still need to attend the court proceedings in the future. This is a pre-trial restriction and the bail could be like a guarantee that the accused will attend the court proceedings. If the defendant will show up for trial, the money will be returned immediately after the case.

It will not matter if the defendant is actually guilty or not since the function of bail is to ask them to attend the trial.

The Importance Of Bail Bonds

A bail bond is actually surety bond provided by a surety bond company and it’ll be given by a bail agent which will secure the discharge of the defendant. Not everybody can actually pay a bail because this is costly and the court will just accept a full payment. There are 2 types of bail bonds – Criminal bail bond and Civil Bail bond. Criminal bail bond is utilized for criminal cases and it is going to guarantee that the accused will show up for trial when they are called upon.

As for a civil bail bond, it is used for civil cases to ensure the payment of debts which would include the interest and charges.

What Is The Process?

The judge will be the one to set the bail amount for the defendant and if the defendant would like to get out of detention, then he or she can have to pay the bail amount in full. Bail is a large amount of money so most folks will not be able to afford it. This is actually the explanation why bail bonds are very beneficial as the bail bondsmen will help the accused pay money for the bail. The bail bondsman will definitely secure the bail amount in the type of collateral and they’re going to ask the accused to give some assets which will be used as collateral. If the accused will not be able to produce any assets for collateral, the bondsman can ask the help of the relatives and friends of the accused.

The accused needs to pay 10% of the bail amount to the bondsman together with the collateral. The money will be returned to the defendant, but it is going to be based on how he would respond with the court proceedings. If the defendant appears in court during the trial, the bail bond can be dissolved when the case is concluded and the collateral will also be returned. The 10% fee would really be the profit of the bondsman for the services that they offered. If the defendant won’t appear in court, the bail bond will then be given up and the court will need the remaining 90% of the bail to be paid. The collateral provided by the defendant will then be used to pay the bail amount.

Capitol Bail Bonds is the best preference if you want you or your loved ones to be released from jail as quickly as possible. We are a bail bonds company in Connecticut that provides affordable, timely and dependable bail bond services statewide.

So long as you are staying or living in Connecticut, we will offer the bail bond services that you are going to need. You could visit our bail bond offices if you’d like some help or if you want information on the services that we’re offering.

We can deal with different kinds of bail bonds including criminal, motor vehicle, DUI cases and more. When you need bail bond services, we are your best preference.

If you do not have the money to post bail, you need to ask for assistance from bail bondsmen and they’ll cover the cost for you. The bail bondsmen will be the one negotiating on your behalf and they can handle your release as soon as possible.

coat of arms

Capitol Bail Bonds – New London


100 Eugene O’Neill Dr, New London, CT 06320, USA

open 24 hours
call now


A phone call is the quickest way to get the bail process started. We will be able to ask you a few pertinent questions to better understand your situation and move forward.

call now
capitol bail bonds logo


Skip to content